At Open Door Ministries we desire to follow the Biblical method of church planting. This is described briefly in Acts 14:21-28. Acts 14:21-23 says of Paul and Barnabas, “And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch, Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.”
Therefore, our method would be as follows:
- Go to a town that the Lord leads us to and start a Bible study until we have a few committed believers.
- Assist the believers in that town to find a location to meet and get a church started.
- Help to establish the church in that town by teaching and discipling the believers there.
- Appoint a man as the Pastor of that church who can lead the people on in the Lord.
- Turn that church over to the Lord and seek His direction as to where to go next.